Vacuum packaging bags are shrinking and embracing the packaged product, when contacted with hot water. Mainly used for packaging cheese, meat and sausages.
Depending on the permeability gases are divided into:
- Zero permeability (high–barrier).
- Semi permeable to carbon dioxide (CO2) from the interior of the bag to the environment.
The semi permeability is necessary for cheese which continue to ripen after their packaging, thus releasing CO2.
The main benefits of the shrink films Hellagro offers, are:
- Increased durability of products
- Superbgloss and hig htransparency
- Outstanding Shrinking
- Zero, moderate or high permeability to carbon dioxide (CO2) from the interior of the bag to the environment depending on the type of bag