Strapping is a material widely used in industrial packaging. HELLAGRO S.A. is one of the leading suppliers of various strappings and proposes a number of solutions depending on the application.
The strapping marketed by HELLAGRO S.A. is distinguished in three basic categories: polypropylene, polyester and fiber hoop.
Polypropylene (PP) Strapping
Polypropylene strappings are used in a great variety of applications since:
- They are cost saving.
- They offer excellent quality and increased strength.
- They are suitable for most applications.
- They have exceptional functional characteristics.
Polyester (PET) Strapping
The polyester strapping, due to its excellent mechanical strength, is used in the most demanding applications (i.e. in metallurgy, building material manufacturing, paper mills, container manufacturing industries, printing companies, baling companies, wood processing industries, glass processing plants, etc.).
It is an alternative to the metal strapping considering that:
- It is more cost effective.
- It is flexible so that it absorbs shocks.
- It is not crack-prone.
- It maintains maximum retaining force, excellent rolling, minimal creasing at the corners and curvature.
Strapping for recycling press machines (Fiber strapping).
Fiber strappings are also based on polyester. They are highly recommended for outdoor use (i.e. wood industry) and cargo securing. They are water proof and resistant up to 60oC.